Pangel B-10 is a powdered additive with a high thickening and anti-settling capacity for intermediate-low polarity systems, particularly recommended for systems based on white spirit type solvents.
The additive with suspension and anti-sagging effect
Pangel B-1 O is particularly recommended to provide thixotropic, suspension and sagging-resistance properties to systems based on White Spirit type solvents. In these intermediate-low polarity systems, Pangel B-10 does not require the use of a polar activator for its dispersion.
Pangel B-10 provides a strongly pseudoplastic character, producing high consistency levels without affecting viscosity during application. It exhibits its high effectiveness as anti-settling additive in formulations with high solid contents.
Use of Pangel B-10 has the following advantages against other conventional additives:
• Coatings and paints: Prevents settling of pigments and fillers; controls sagging without aggravating leveling; high stability during transportation and storage.
• Printing inks: Improves consistency and prevents settling of pigments.
• Drilling mud: Increased dispersibility and stability at high temperatures; high thickening and suspension capacity.
• Lubricant greases: High thickening capacity; good stability at high temperature.
• Asphalt coatings: Sagging control; improves dispersion and prevents settling of fillers; improves plastic behavior at extreme temperatures; slows ageing, simplifies application and improves finish.
• Sealants and joints: Improves wetting and suspension properties; controls sliding.
• Others: Control of sagging and dripping; improves stability.
Range of application
Use of Pangel B-10 as a rheological additive is recommended in the following applications:
• Coatings and paints: Decorative enamels, Alkyds, Coatings for lower part of car, Signaling, Marine coatings, Automobile priming, Oven-cured enamels.
• Printing inks: Naphthenic and aromatic oils, Vegetable oil, Newspaper black ink, Heat-set.
• Drilling mud: In mineral oil, In polyalphaolefins.
• Greases: In mineral oils.
• Sealants and joints: Rubber.
• Asphalt coatings
• Others: Putties, Rubber, Get-coat, Emulsions.
Recommendations for use
The dispersion process of Pangel B-1 O is similar to that of other solid components of the formulation, being necessary to ensure an appropriate product wetting and the application of a sufficient mechanical energy (shear).
Equipment of the Cowles, Dissolver, Silverson types, colloidal mills, horizontal, vertical and basket grinding equipment are enough to obtain a good dispersion.
Direct addition with high shear equipment
This is the recommended method for adding Pangel B-10. In this type of equipment, the container and disk size, as well as the solid contents of the dispersion, must be appropriate for the mixture to flow producing what is known as “doughnut” effect at a high peripheral speed (18-25 mis).
When Pangel B-10 is used, the recommended addition sequence during the pasting stage is the following:
1 . Resin/solvents
2. Wetting/dispersant additives
5. Pangel B-1 O
Coatings and Paints: 0.2% to 1.0%
Inks: 0.5% to 3.0%
Drilling mud: 1.0% to 2.0%
Greases: 8.0% to 12.0%
Asphalt coatings: 2.0% to 5.0%
Sealants and Joints: 0.5% to 2.0%
Others: 0.2% to 3.0%
Should you wish to receive advice for a more precise dosage, please consult with our sales agents.